Monday 28 January 2013

last blog

I have now finished the whole book and just to let you all know the last habit 7 is Sharpen the Saw and it is about renewing your self and staying in an overall healthy state. As I believe I stated in my first blog I was reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. I was reading this book for my leadership class. This blog is going to be a reflection on the book and a few things about the class. The 7 habits of Highly Effective Teens is a wonderful book I suggest to everyone no matter your age. All of the habits in the book are so basic yet so many of us only use a couple of them. To lean what you are missing and how to develop these habits you truly have to read this book not only did it tell you about the habit it told you how to take baby steps to developing the habit. With in this pages I have learned a lot of new things even though I thought I already new all of this stuff. I learned new applications for it, how to take baby steps to becoming more organized, I learned about Synergy which is more then your Win-Win its like a Big Win- Big Win way around things. This is a must read although there is a lot of comics and written for a younger audience it was a great book with great morals and as long as you can get by that I think you will really like this book. As much if not more then I did. As for the class I really enjoyed it, it had its hard times when I had to try and motivation some kids that had zero motivation and I had to bribe them with letting them do things that isn't aloud like Facebook they could send a message after so many sentences I think next year it would be good to teach the mentors how to motivation the mentees. I think that would be a huge help and plus if we new that we might have had more class time for us to work. This class has got me looking for ways to engage the younger grades with in the extra curricular activities to make high school fun instead of a chore they have to do. Over all I really like this class and I would suggest it to anyone. Thank you for reading this blog and I hope you liked it while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment